You've done the impossible. You've found something you love to do, and turned it into a business. It's kind of like magic...and then it's kind of like a truckload of work. And whilst everyone else is gabbing about living your dream life, you're not really sure if this is what your dream looked like. This then, is for you. I'm Lis, studio owner, creative director & strategist, ready to show you how to make your projects and work truly enjoyable again.
- web designers
- graphic designers
- ux/ui designers
- design students
In short, if you're a creative (freelancer, studio, or agency) whose primary service is working with clients, and you know this has all got to be a little bit easier (and more profitable), this course was made for you. It's about sustainably building something you don't end up hating.
What's covered inside
MeetCreative is a self paced course that first takes a look at where you're currently at and where you'd really like to be, and is then broken up into the primary stages a project moves through, so you can work towards the latter. It covers the hard-to-figure-out details that actually let you do your work and by the end you'll know what to do, how to partner with better clients, earn more and actually get back to that dream. It's a no BS, straightforward course (no 7 figure sales promises around here - just a much happier you doing the type of work you think about a lot, in the kind of day you wish you had), that teaches you to add strategic value to your projects so you become an indispensable asset to your clients and leverages this to command higher rates.
Learn the tools and processes I used to go from $3k projects to $30-$50k projects (doing work I now adore), and apply these concepts toward the kinds of clients and projects you would really love to work on.
Audit, Branding & Positioning
- Look at where you are now, take stock of your past projects and understand & develop your skills
- Know what your expertise is and who your clients are so you can define what you do
- Set goals using our very simple process
- Lay out your business plan on one easy page (one that's actually useful)
- Become confident in the services you offer and align your brand with this
- Become the expert advisor that helps your client make good decisions and see new things, rather than an expense to your client to do X right now
Strategy & Project Design
- Provide services that suit your skills, your clients & your goals
- Attract better clients, leads & referrals so that all parties transact on a simple understanding; they need something which you provide and neither takes the other for granted
- Manage client expectations like a pro
- Set healthy boundaries with your clients & yourself so you provide the best working environment and project delivery
- Learn what your clients are really trying to tell you or what they need and build your project around that
- Learn how to actually cost out your projects and add value throughout
- Develop an onboarding process that makes your clients feel prepared and welcome
- Create your proposal template to land clients, understand requirements, develop a strategy and layout accurate timelines
- Confidently communicate what you do, how you do it and why it costs as much as it does whilst addressing the problems your client has
- Learn how to use service guides, welcome packs and questionnaires
- Run meetings that feel good for everyone and position you right from the start
- Identify the processes and tasks you and your clients move through to build your workflow
- Automate (where appropriate) & streamline your systems
- Map out your customer lifecycle (understand the journey they go on), internal lifecycle & systems overlay
- Work on the touchpoints of your business, how to position yourself better here and get the projects & clients you want
- Put processes and boundaries in place for effective collaboration
- Find out how the pro's present their work
- Understand how to add more value throughout your project
- Learn how to send items for feedback & request reviews
- Know what to do about those changes, scope creeps and revisions (and know how to limit these before they happen)
- Get a strong handle on receiving feedback, filtering it and actioning
- Identify opportunities and leverage them now and into the future
- Request constructive feedback to move through design phases (without all those frustrating change requests)
- Effectively wrapup a project & continue to provide value (and hopefully pick up another project)
- Provide a better experience for your client at each touchpoint
- Put some productivity practices in place to live more (and be more profitable)
- Easily get paid for your work, on time, every time
- Learn how to push back, hold your integrity and exit gracefully
As service-based creatives, we all tend to go through the same things or end up in a similar spot - burning out from clients, figuring out how to book a consistent flow of projects (instead of teetering between deathly-slow months and deathly-busy months), keeping track of them (and actually getting paid on time), finding zero time to update your portfolio, do your accounting, or work on side projects (or that blog that could really do with a polish up). All the time comparing ourselves to others and wondering if it's the right thing or not. We end up doing things for the wrong reason: for clients (because you’re too nice), with projects (because you need the money) and for other people (because you want to be a team player). Inside are the tools to fix all this.
As of 2020, we’re now open year round at one low cost! See you inside.
What you get
9 departments, 30 lessons
Taking you through every phase of the project lifecycle (like client intake, scoping projects, landing jobs & proposals, scheduling, project management, financials etc) and pre-client positioning, pricing, selectivity, ideal clients and feedback.
50+ Email Scripts
Covering every use from intake to completion, sticky client situations, sales templates, feedback reviews, saying no and more (so you can communicate elegantly and calmly like a pro).
Done for you templates
Native documents ready for you to download and use for proposals, services/work with us guide, welcome packet, customer personas, concept presentations, style guides, case studies and more.
A select number of targeted worksheets for use throughout the course for customer development, portfolio strategy, project analysis, audits and more (the course isn't filled up with a whole lot of useless PDFs - this is very specific for when you need it only).
Additional lessons that cover things like portfolios, rates + pricing, financials, scheduling, questionnaires, client gifts and specific tech tutorials etc.
Join the course and you'll receive quick support for any issues and comments. My team and I are also here to check over your lifecycle maps.
Behind the scenes examples including presentations, invoices, completion files, email requests and more, a database of curated resources for creatives, unlimited access, how to actually and realistically get your systems and tasks automated, tips and tricks and additional modules on things like building a team or expanding your business.
How it works
It's pretty straightforward. Signup and you're in. You'll receive a welcome email and you can get started immediately. We're not proponents of a 12-step-strategy-to-success or unrealistic timelines over here. I suggest you give yourself 3 months to slowly move through this course if you're also working on other projects in the mean time. That said, you could smash it out in a couple of weeks if you wanted. There are clearly outlined lessons & tasks in here and once you've gone through it, you'll have a successful system for your business from start to finish. Stop the overwhelm, get back in control, free up your time, earn more money and save years from your learning curve.
Join the course
Do the work
Some questions you might have
Is this for me?
How is this course delivered?
Are there refunds?
Why aren't you throwing in three bonuses valued at some impossible number that doesn't ever make sense?